Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Eau De Toilette


My vanilla body spray has finally gone to "Empty Products Heaven". I can't even explain how much I loved that stuff. And the bottle lasted over seven months with almost daily use.It went a long way. But wait a minute, I'm not here to talk about the vanilla spray I'm here to talk about the Japanese Cherry Blossom eau de toilette. It retails for $25.50 but of course I didn't pay that much. I got it for $12.50. Keep your eye open for sales and you can probably get it for as little as ten bucks.

Body Shop claims:

    • Fragrance personality: Feminine, romantic, decadent. This beautiful, light floral fragrance captures the ethereal elegance of the Japanese cherry blossom.
    • Family: green floral
    • Notes:
      • Top notes: Fuji apple, Chinese magnolia, osmanthus flower
      • Middle notes: star jasmine, Japanese cherry blossom, Japanese persimmon
      • Base notes: sandalwood, hinoki wood, fruity musk
      •  In Japanese culture, the intense beauty of cherry blossoms or “sakura” symbolizes the transience of life. Inspired by the exotic and delicate cherry blossom flower and its light, pretty floral fragrance, we created our Japanese Cherry Blossom Eau de Toilette. The deliciously decadent yet romantic fragrance opens with Fuji apple, Chinese magnolia and osmanthus flower, mingling with a heart of star jamine, Japanese cherry blossom and Japanese persimmon. Base notes of sandalwood, hinoki wood and fruity musk help to create the perfect fusion to delight the senses.


Scent:
Of course I've never gotten the chance to smell real Japanese Cherry Blossoms. But this smells like just a generic floral perfume. Nothing terrible exciting. Good for every day, spring and summer. The only other Japanese Cherry Blossom scent I have sniffed would be the one by Bath and Body Works. I haven't owned any of those products but I have sampled the lotion quite a few times. I can say that I prefer that one. It's just a warmer fragrance and I prefer my scents to have that added bit of warmth.

Lasting Power:
Around four hours is all your gonna get with this. It is a eau de toilette after all. The bottle is small though at 1.69 ounce so it's easy to carry around and top up during the day.

Ingredients:
Alcohol Denat., Water, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, t-Butyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Geraniol, Prunus Serrulata Flower Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Denatonium Benzoate.




So would I recommend it? Maybe for someone around the high school age, that likes a floral scent. As for me, no. But  I would definitely recommend my two favorites from The Body Shop which are the Vanilla Body Mist and the Love Etc. parfum . It was fun to try but I can't wait to get through the bottle so I can try something else.

I found some pics online of the Japanese Cherry Blossom Tree. Isn't it beautiful? I would love to experience the scent in person!



2 comments:

  1. I have the Love Ect perfume and the vanilla perfume. I love them both :) I keep the vanilla for winter and I use Love Ect all year round. I only paid £6 for it in the sale!
    Linzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Love Etc perfume :) And the vanilla body mists!!! We have similar taste in scent. I also tried the Morrocan rose but didn't really like it....Thats a good price for them though!
    Thanks for commenting!!!

    ReplyDelete