Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo and Restorative Conditioner

Target's natural hair care aisle makes me so happy. It really does.  So of course, when I needed some new shampoo and conditioner I headed straight to Target. They have picked up the line of Shea Moisture Products and have actually had them for awhile. I actually used the Curl Smoothie in the pink jar before (not a big fan). But the real reason I bought these is because they were on sale. Buy two Shea Moisture products and get a gift card for five bucks back. These are originally ten bucks a piece but with my gift card I got them for $7.50 a piece. Not bad.

Shea Moisture Shampoo claims:
Hydrates, smoothes. and repairs strands, leaving hair manageable soft. Sea Kelp- Trace Mineral detoxify hair follicles of impurities and residue. Argan Oil-Restores Shine and rebuilds hair elasticity. Shea Butter- Deeply moisturizes and repairs damage to hair and scalp.

Scent- This smells exactly like Nubian Heritage's  Shea Butter soap. I love the scent. It's like a rich powdery scent that smells expensive. And it LINGERS for almost two days. I love catching whiffs of it throughout the day. I think there might be a little lavender among other things. I'm not really good picking out scents and normally powdery is not something I like but I love this.

Moisturizing-
 YES! It feels like I just put a moisturizer into my hair instead of shampoo. Stripped? Not here. I think this might possibly be the best Shampoo I've ever used.

Does it Clean? 
So my problem with natural shampoo's that don't produce much lather (and it really doesn't lather much) is that it won't clean my scalp.  I don't have that problem with this. My hair and scalp are completely clean.

The best way I found to use it is to take a quarter size amount and rub it in to my hands then spread throughout my hair and scalp (it spreads easily). Then I might add a little more and massage it in.

Ingredients:
Contains de-ionized water, Decyl Glucoside (sugar beets), African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter) (denotes certified organic ingredients), aloe vera leaf juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (pro-vitamin B-5, rosemary extract, sea kelp extract, vitamin E, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract.


Now to the conditioner...

Shea Moisture Conditioner-
Our leave-in or rinse out conditioner detangles, moisturizes, repairs, and restores lifeless damaged hair.Sea Kelp- Trace Mineral detoxify hair follicles of impurities and residue. Argan Oil-Restores Shine and rebuilds hair elasticity. Shea Butter- Deeply moisturizes and repairs damage to hair and scalp.
 Scent-Same lovely scent as the conditioner.

Moisturizing- I'll just get straight to the point...It's just not moisturizing and softening enough. It doesn't hold it's own especially compared to the shampoo.

Detangling- It does an Ok job. It does allow my comb through it's just that it doesn't come close to my beloved VO5 Moisture Milks. And being as that is 89 cents and this ten bucks...well...you can guess what I'm trying to say.

As a Leave-In- It will work in a pinch but it does nothing for curl defining or softness of my hair.

Ingredients:
Contains de-ionized water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter)*, Argan oil, coconut oil*, Behentrimonium chloride, essential oil blend, vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, sea kelp extract, Panthenol (vitamin B-5), avocado oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract, Tocopherol (vitamin E) and Daucus Carota Sativa (carrot) seed oil. *Denotes certified organic ingredients.:


So both of them have great packaging, great ingredients that are ethically traded and I love that there is a pump on the conditioner. Another fact I love is that the company is black-owned. It feels good to supposed a black owned company. But for me there is only one of these that I would reccommend and that is the Shampoo. It's so odd for me to say that because usually shampoo's are quite drying. But this shampoo is a solid A in my book...and it's good for you ladies that don't like sulfates.

Have you tried the Shampoo or Conditioner? What did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment