Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Body Shop Divine Calm Body Butter


I've been gone for a minute but I'm back now! I'll be doing a post why pretty soon though...but back to my post. I bought this body butter for $8.00 at Marshall's, but it originally goes for eighteen bucks. You can often find it on sale at The Body Shop or just check your local Marshall's. I was pretty excited to use this because I wanted a "relaxing lotion" and what's more relaxing than Lavender?

The Body Shop claims:
  •  Calm your senses with a creamy, all-over body moisturizer.
    • Community Trade soya oil helps restore smoothness to the skin.
    • Community Trade camomile, hops and milk protein help to maintain a restful sleep.
    • Community Trade shea butter moisturizes and softens skin.
    • Community Trade cocoa butter is an excellent moisturizer that melts at body temperature and absorbs quickly.


Scent:
I didn't read the label all of the way and was expecting a straight-up lavender scent...unfortunately it also has chamomile in it. I have had the tea once, and I HATE chamomile tea-the scent, the taste, basically everything about it. And this reeks of it. I don't know if I can pinpoint it more because I hate the scent more...but I do. But if you like lavender and chamomile, than you might love it. I don't find the scent to last long though, and being as this is an aromatherapy product, I find that strange.

Moisture:
Not bad. Not bad at all. It is a little more greasy (although I'm not sure if I just think that because of the last butter I used which absorbed way too quickly). But I like it. No complaints there.

Texture:
It's not a butter. It's a cream. Kinda thick...it reminds me of the Moroccan Rose one in terms of texture.

Is it calming??
No, not at all but I'm sure that's just because I don't enjoy the scent. I sometimes "like" it, after the chamomile has dissipated a little bit but not that much.


Ingredients:
Water , Glycerin (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil (Natural Additive), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Fragrance/Essential Oil), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster).

It isn't for me BUT I would recommend it IF you love the scent of lavender and chamomile and don't mind that the scent doesn't stick around very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment