Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Makeup 101

So summer is officially here!! So of course that means a change in makeup. 

When the sun is shining my main objective is to look as "naturally gorgeous" in the sun as I can. That means no heavy make-up. Yep, it's time to put away the heavy foundation and smoky eyes. 

1. No smokey eyes in the summer sun. Why? Because to me it looks like wearing a winter coat in the summer. It's way to heavy. Of course if it's overcast or night time then that's a different story.

2. No heavy foundation. Go for something light like a tinted moisturizer or maybe just a little bronzer over some concealer.

3.Shimmer, Shimmer, Shimmer. It's time to bring out the shimmery highlighter. I like MAC's Gold Deposit. It just makes your skin more glowy and luminous.Also a shimmery eye shadow is great because when the sun hits it, it just looks better than Matte in my opinion.

3. Bright Blush. That's right put away the plum, and wines and pull out the pink and peach.

4. Bright lipsticks and glosses. Oranges and pinks look amazing in the sun. The brighter the better.


What are you summer makeup tips?


2 comments:

  1. I love bright lips for the summer! Love the look hun :-)

    I've given you an award on my blog by the way :-)



    http://whenitrainsitpours92.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I love them but I don't really wear that often lol I'll head right over and check it out!!

      Delete