Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bath and Body Works Black Amethyst Body Butter


I've gone through tons and tons of body butter but never did a review on one from Bath and Body Works. I found this one in my favorite scent for four dollars. Who can turn that down when they are usually fifteen. The packaging has changed since I've gotten it and I think both tubs are cute. So how did it fare?

Bath and Body Works claims:

 Black Amethyst fragrance is a hypnotic scent, inspired by chic, sensual and confident women # Key fragrance notes: Italian Bergamot, Rare Camellias, Exotic Sandalwood, Vetiver # Massage into exceptionally dry spots like knees and elbows, or all over for intense hydration


Scent:
The scent of Black Amethyst is one of my favorite scents hands down. It's just really sexy and mysterious. But this for some reason smells off. I prefer the scent in the spray or the eau de toilette. I do like that this seems to stick around though for a good one to three hours, then after that it sticks to my jeans. 

Texture:
This the the THICKEST texture body butter I have ever come across. It's like glue. I'm used to more silky whipped texture body butters. I'm not really a fan of the texture. It's a tiny bit harder to spread than other body butter.

Moisture:
Even though I don't like the texture, I like the moisture. Shea Butter is the second ingredient and you can kinda tell.

Ingredients:
Water, Shea Butter, Glyceryl Stearate LE, Olive Oil, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Petrolatum, Jojoba Butter, Fragrance, Cetyl Alchohol, Triethanolamine, Jojoba Seed Oil, Oat Oil, Soybean Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Aloe Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Vitamin E, Glycerin, Disodium EDTA, Butylene, Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Isopropyl Alchohol, Propylene Gycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Iodoprpnul Butcarbonate, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salcylate, Butylphenyl, Methypropional, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Limonene, Famesol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydryxycitronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxhedehyde, Linalool, Yellow 6, Yellow 5

Overall, it's just kinda alright. I prefer the other things in the line that are Black Amethyst scented such as the mist or toilette.

2 comments:

  1. I think you're like me about scents. To me it's very important how a product smells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yeah,especially at the prices they charge. It's chard for me to find a scent I like

      Delete