Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil


When I worked at The Body Shop this was one of their hottest sellers. It literally flew off the shelves so I had to try it out. I got it for about four dollars in one of their sales but the regular price is $9.00. I really wanted 100% Tea Tree Oil but this was a little easier to get my hands on.

The Body Shop claims:
A medicine cabinet must. A pre-blended oil which can be used in many different ways to help soothe blemished skin. Dab directly onto skin at first sign of a blemish.
When the seasons change, so can your skin — and sometimes not for the better. Our new Tea Tree range with a triple blend of natural active ingredients — Community Trade tea tree oil, lemon tea tree, and tamanu oil — work together to keep skin clear by helping to prevent blemishes and blackheads, and controlling excess oil. No matter what kind of climate you live in, using our Tea Tree range as your daily skin care regime will help combat existing blemishes, prevent future breakouts, and control oil and shine all year long.


Scent:
It smells just like the Tea Tree face wash I've tried from the same line, very medicinal. I got used to it after awhile and I kinda like it now.

Packaging:
The packaging took me awhile to figure out. You can use a Q-Tip but of course I feel that Q-Tip soaks up most of the product so I just turn it upside down and wait for a drop to come out on my finger. You get .33 FL ounces and it lasts quite awhile.

Acne:
I tried this on my pimple one time and the next morning woke up to even more pimples. But not just regular pimples. They were monster pimples. After that I was scared to touch it. But the bottle kept staring at me so I tried using it again. I didn't get monster pimples but my pimple seemed to stay around a lot longer than if I hadn't applied it. And when I try to just put it all over my face I get dry patches. So now I just put it on my cheek but honestly it just doesn't do anything for my skin.

Bath:
The directions say that you can use it in a bath. Tea Tree is supposed to be anti-bacterial. It says to put about eight or so drops in but I had to use around fifteen or the bath water was like taking a bath in just plain bath water. It doesn't really do much of anything though even with fifteen drops. You can also use this as a steam treatment, but I haven't been sick so I couldn't try it like that.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Limonene (Natural Additive), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Citral (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).


This stuff is not 100% percent tea tree oil. It's only about fifteen percent which might be the reason I didn't see any results. I would recommend just buying the real stuff without the additives The Body Shop adds. It just isn't really effective at anything for me. Real Tea Tree has many uses including cleaning, using it on wounds, use it on scalp and hair, and many other things.

Have you tried the any of the Tea Tree products from The Body Shop?

3 comments:

  1. In the past I had used Tea Tree products from Oriflame. I have started to believe that my skin will only look better with good nutrition. I don't use many face products, they usually let me down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true :) I'm always tempted to try things though....my face is usually pretty happy with basics but I just can't help myself. How did you like the Tea Tree stuff from Oriflame?

      Delete
    2. That was a million years ago, but I don't remember seeing miracles.

      Delete