Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Butter



I've been quite the lazy blogger lately. But to get back in the swing of things I thought I'd do a review on the Body Shop's Pink Grapefruit Body Butter. I strayed for a minute to Bath and Body Works but I'm back now. I've already done a review on the shower gel and the scrub so I thought I would give this one a go. I've had it for about two years and it just sat on my dresser waiting for me to open it up. I think I paid ten euro for it. Has anyone noticed the price went up to $19.00 on the USA site. Isn't that ridiculous? Good thing they have sales.

The Body Shop claims:

  • Keep your skin super-smooth and soft with a rich, intensive cream that provides zesty, fruit-scented moisturization.

  • Pink grapefruit seed oil provides essential fatty acids to repair skin's moisture barrier, so it feels smooth and supple.
  • Community Trade shea butter moisturizes and softens skin.
  • Community Trade cocoa butter is an excellent moisturizer that melts at body temperature and absorbs quickly.

Scent:
This smells pretty authentic to a real grapefruit. It's a zesty and bright scent and I really really like it. The only thing is that as soon as I've left the room I applied it in the scent loses it's zestiness and smells like dish soap on me. Kinda like what the Satsuma did. But if you just like for the scent to wake you up while you apply it then there shouldn't be any problems.

Texture:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the texture. It looks rich and buttery in the tub but when you pick it up it has the softest texture that smooths in like a dream moisturizes brilliantly. It's says normal skin but I think this would work on moderately dry skin. (especially in summer)



Ingredients:
Water, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Limonene, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citral, Sodium Hydroxide, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Yellow 6, Red 33.


I've been eating more grapefruit since I started using this butter. Overall, not a bad one to get if you love the scent of grapefruit. It has decent moisturization. Just wait until you catch a sale though!

No comments:

Post a Comment