Thursday, July 26, 2012

Profectiv Mega Growth Daily Anti-Breakage Strengthener


I really miss Target...that's one of the downside's to living overseas. No access to my favorite stores. So my haircare options are limited unless I order online. I saw this for four dollars and picked it up. I remember using their products back when I had a relaxer and they worked ok.

Profectiv claims:
Penetrates and re-moisturizes deep inside the hair follicle
Infuses strength to weak and fragile hair
Stops daily breakage caused by chemicals, braids, extensions and styling stresses
Stronger, longer, healthier hair
For relaxed and natural styles
Promotes growth
Boosts shine

Helps protect hair from damage caused by chemicals, extensions, braids and daily styling stresses. Moisturizes hair from the inside out to prevent breakage and split ends. Works well on natural or relaxed hair. Hair immediately begins to appear shinier and more manageable.


The cream itself is a really thick yellow cream that smells like hair cream and melons. You don't get an awful lot but I find a little goes a long way or you end up with greasy hair. And yes I said greasy and not moisturized hair. In it's credit it doesn't claim to be a moisturizer.

I wasn't really having a problem with breakage though but my fine hair could use some strength. This didn't really improve my hair as far as strength ( And I know because I broke a few strands off before and after a weeks of using this product.)

Another thing I noticed is that it made my scalp itchy. I think my scalp doesn't like leave-ins with yellow coloring in it. That's just my own sensitivity though.

And I hate the scent it turn into after about two days on my hair. Blech. 

Ingredients:
Soybean Oil Glycine Soja , Water Aqua , Horsetail Extract Equisetum Hiemale , Sage Extract Salvia Officinalis , Nettle Extract Urtica Dioica , Laneth 15 , Lanolin , Steareth-2 , Steareth-20 , Polyquaternium-37 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Phenylrimethicone , Dimethicone , Collagen , Keratin , Wheat Protein Triticum Vulgare , Panthenol , DMDM Hydantoin , Corn Oil Zea Mays , BHA , BHT , Methyl Paraben , Propyl Paraben , Fragrance

Overall I didn't like it so much but I would try other things from the line and see how I like them.

2 comments: