Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Shower Gel

I was working in The Body Shop when this one came out. I sniffed it every day. It smelled soooo good. So a few months after I had stopped working there I picked it up and just now got around to using it. I paid eight  bucks for it.

The Body Shop claims:

  • This soap-free shower gel contains real lemon seed oil and has a zesty citrus scent.

Our new Sweet Lemon range benefits from skin-caring lemon seed oil, which is high in anti-oxidants, vitamin C and has excellent moisturizing properties. The Body Shop sources this oil from handpicked lemons from trees that grow abundantly in the Italian Riviera. The luscious oil is obtained by cold pressing the lemon seeds that are leftover from the fruit processing industry, seeds and oil which might otherwise go to waste. 

So it smells like...sweet lemons. And I love the scent. The problem is that the scent disappears so quickly..by the time I'm done with half my body the scent has faded considerably. And then by the time I'm out the shower, nothing lingers. For eight dollars I want a stronger scent.

It doesn't dry my skin nor does it moisturize. It's just average in how it works. And if your looking for a nice thick lather then you might wanna keep looking. I felt like I had to pour half the bottle the get the lather I wanted. Which meant the product went quickly. 

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-2 Caprate, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Honey, Sodium Benzoate, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Benzophenone-4, Citral, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Denatonium Benzoate, Yellow 5, Yellow 6

So overall, I love the scent but wasn't very impressed with the quality of the product. Maybe the other things in the lemon line will be a bit better.



No comments:

Post a Comment