Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bobby Womack



You all now I'm an old soul and as such, I listen to old school music. Including Mr. Bobby Womack. I didn't know who he was until I found out that the Jodeci song If You Think You're Lonely Now was a remake. Or a lot of people heard of him because Mariah Carey mentions him in Don't Forget About Us. You can't be a fan of the old school without having him in your playlists. He also wrote Aretha's I'm in Love.

My favorite by him is a classic from the eighties I Wish He Didn't Trust Me So Much. The song is so triflin'. (smile) Obviously you couldn't leave your significant other around Bobby because he couldn't keep his hands to himself!

Another of my favorite is a duet that I found on youtube with him and Candi Stanton Stop Before We Start.

Anywho, if you like the oldies and you like Womack than you should definitely check these songs out.

Harry Hippie (I Know if sounds questionable but trust it's a good song)
California Dreamin'
More Than I Can Stand
Everyone's Gone to the Moon
Across 110th Street
I Can Understand It
And I Love Her 
Woman's Gotta Have It

Definitely one if my favorite artists. Check him out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment