Saturday, September 29, 2012

Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream Gel

So my last review was for that Pantene stuff that stunk so bad I actually threw it away. And I never throw away anything. But anyway, after that stuff I just wanted something that would smell great, and I love Garnier because the products always smell great. So I paid around $2.50 which is a nice cheap price. So if I didn't like it so what? But I actually do like this stuff! So win for me!

Garnier claims:
Bouncy Curls Frizz Control.  Extra Strong.
Sculpted curls without the crunch?  Garnier Fructis Style introduces new Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel, the first curl styling product that  gives curls everything they crave:  control and conditioning.
What Is Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel?
A new generation curl styling product uniquely formulated by balancing the controlled definition of a gel with the soft, subtle conditioning of a cream.
How Does It Work?
Garnier Fructis Style Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel with fruit micro-waxes delivers curl-sculpting polymers and silicones, perfectly balanced with moisturizing conditioners, in a cream-gel formula that leaves curls defined and bouncy.

How to use: Apply a quarter size amount of cream gel to slightly damp hair. Rake hair with fingers or comb 
    through from root to tip for even distribution. Let air dry or dry with a diffuser.


So I'll start off with smell. I LOVE the scent. It's a very fruity blend of grapefruit, apple, orange, and a frew other scents that smell yummy. And the scent lingers all day so I catch whiffs of it throughout the day!

Next up comes the hold and defining. Which are excellent. My hair is extra coily and the curl just snaps back. My hair isn't dry...it isn't extra soft either because after all this IS a gel. 

The texture is kinda gummy when I put it on. What I love about it is it doesn't leave that annoying white residue that I hate having to wait for to dry. I use about a half-dollar amount and I'm good to go. I usually like to co-wash before I put this in for a little extra moisture.

If you read the front of the package it actually has shea butter in it. And I love Shea. Now granted it is a SMALL amount but still. 

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, PEG/PPG 4/12 Dimethicone, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, PVP, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Polyquaternium 37, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Linalool, Limonene, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Amyl Cinnamal, PEG 70 Mango Glycerides, Shea Butter, Citral,Geraniol, Triethanolamne

Overall, I love this stuff! It's perfect for my 4a curls and I would recommend it if you are on the hunt for a good gel!

No comments:

Post a Comment