Monday, October 1, 2012

My Makeup History

I saw this tag on one of my fave blogs When it Rains it Pours and decided to do it too! I always like reading other people's make up histories so here is mine!


How long have you been wearing makeup? 
Around eighth grade was when I started wearing mascara. Foundation didn't start happening until around eleventh grade and senior year I would wear very neutral eyeshadow.

What was your favourite makeup product in the beginning? 
Mascara! It still is. I just crave long lashes. Great Lash was my very first.


What is your favourite makeup product now?
Mascara! Some things don't change...

What were some of your favourite brands in the beginning? 

Anything drugstore. I guess Maybelline. Back then I didn't even know about the high end stuff. Which is good because I couldn't afford it anway.

What are some of your favourite brands now?
I love L'oreal HIP, NARS, and MAC. My budget doesn't really allow me to buy these things...but I still love em'. 

What is your everyday makeup like?
Hmm. Well usually a neutral shadow, maybe some liner, foundation, and mascara. Most days I keep it neutral but when I have time I love throwing on some bright unexpected color!


What is your going out makeup like?
Dark smoky eye, glitter, some gloss! You can get away with a lot more with going out makeup.

What makeup look are you known for?
Prolly nothing. I tend to change it up depending on my mood and I try different looks. So no one thing.

What is the worst beauty crime you have committed?
Using the wrong color on my brows. I was using black and it was WAY harsh. Walking around looking like Bert from Sesame Street was not cute. (they didn't look that bad and I didn't have a unibrow)


What is the worst beauty crime you are proud to have not committed?
Extremely thin, obviously penciled in brows. Not cute. Some ladies don't even attempt to make it look real. And also that real ashy pink lip look that some ladies love to rock.

What is the one beauty trend you where part of but now aren't a fan of?
 Can't think of anything. My makeup has been pretty tame. 

What is the one trend you are proud to say you were never part of? 
Black lipliner with a pale pink color. It went out in the nineties for a reason.

What is the one look you will never go for?
Pastel colors. I just don't see it working with my skin tone.

If you were brave enough to wear any look what would it be?
Wacky colored lipsticks like blue.or black outside the house.

An old holy grail product of yours?
I rarely buy anything twice but I love Loreal HIP foundation (discontinued) and L'oreal Voluminous mascara! 

A new holy grail product of yours? 
MAC blushes. They are so much better than anything I've bought in the drugstore.



2 comments:

  1. Ohh Great Post hun! Yours is one of my fave blogs too :-) I really want to try more MAC blushers but they are abit too expensive. I have one which I received last christmas called MOCHA. It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks :) They are expensive. I only actually have one but I definitely noticed the difference in quality from what I get from the drugstore and more high end. I think that might be one of the only products I can really see splurging on! The mocha sounds lovely though...I'm going to have to check it out!

      Delete