Monday, October 8, 2012

Celestial Seasonings Decaf Sweet Coconut Thai Red Tea

I haven't done a weight update in forever. That's probable because I've been slacking. I put on some pounds since I've been home but nothing to bad. I've been back to drinking tea now mostly because I'm sick and it's starting to get cold out again. It doesn't hurt that it helps control my weight.

Celestial claims:
Naturally decaffeinated black tea, caffeine free rooibos and aromatic Thai spices mellowed with creamy coconut.
Travel through India's fertile valleys and wild mountain ranges and you'll find some very inventive chai recipes — but none like this! Decaf Sweet Coconut Thai combines caffeine-free Rooibos and decaf black tea with creamy coconut and aromatic spices like ginger, cardamom and star anise. Add warm milk and sugar or honey for a sweet and spicy chai experience."

So I picked this one up because I like dessert type tea...and sweet coconut sounds pretty sweet. Only...this doesn't taste anything like coconut. It tastes...spicy. Almost similar to the Bengal Spice tea I hated so much but it helped me lose weight. This doesn't do the same. It does taste a little better though. Especially with sugar and milk.

Ingredients: 
Rooibos, decaffeinated black tea, cinnamon, roasted chicory, ginger, natural coconut flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), cloves, cardamom, nutmeg, paprika, black pepper and Chinese star anise.

I wouldn't buy it again only because it doesn't taste like how I thought it would. But the ingredients are GREAT and really great for digestion!


No comments:

Post a Comment