Thursday, October 11, 2012

L'oreal True Match Super-Blendable Liquid Foundation in Cocoa


My newest obsession is watching youtube videos of ladies covering cystic acne with foundation. It's mind-blowing what you can cover with a little foundation and concealer. Anyway, I have a foundation review for you today. Now, I'm pretty sure that True Match was one of the first foundations I have ever tried. I bought this with one of my bestest friends ever back in the eleventh grade. She bought Cappaccino (I think) and I bought Nut Brown. It was too light so I went back and bought Cocoa a year or so later. And it was too dark. So I gave up. Recently L'oreal released "truer color" and more colors for chocolate girls so I thought I would give them a try. Prices haven't changed much in the past six or so years and I bought this for eight bucks. Not bad. L'oreal usually has coupons too so you can always snag a good deal.

L'oreal claims:
Formulated with Precise Match Technology to precisely calibrate color. Micro-fine optical pearls diffuse skin’s imperfections while moisturizing Glycerin, Vitamin B, and Vitamin E nourish your skin.
True Match Super-Blendable Makeup precisely matches your skin’s tone and texture and coordinates perfectly with True Match Powder, Blush and Concealer. Formulated with Precise Match Technology so you can control coverage and fine-tune it. Ultra-pure formula contains no oils, fragrances, or pore-clogging fillers, so all you see is beautiful, radiant, flawless skin. 

Finish: Natural
                                                          SPF: 17
Coverage: Light to medium
Available in 18 skin-true shades.


When I went to pick this up..they were out of the colors that I wanted to try...I think it was the Deep Warm and Cappuccino that I wanted. So I ended up picking up the Cocoa which matches me a lot better than it did years ago. I think they lightened it. It matches my skin now but I think after Winter it may be too dark. I might try the other colors then.

My favorite thing about this foundation is the finish. It's almost like a liquid to powder finish that works great on my oily skin.

It's a medium coverage foundation that is easily build-able to full without looking cakey. I just use one layer using my fingers to blend because I find it melts the foundation into my skin a little better than using a brush.

I don't have transfer problems with this foundation either. There's nothing I hate more than accidentally touching my face and than some paper and leaving a brown mark. It doesn't melt off in the rain either. It's not a super long lasting foundation but it lasts throughout a work day for me which is all that matters.



The only thing is I wish it had a pump. The European version does. But since it doesn't I just cover the top with my finger and shake until I have some on my finger and use that. It works much better than pouring. I also love that this has built in SPF without looking crazy in pictures!

Overall, I think this may be my favorite drugstore foundation. It even beats out the Revlon Colorstay because I think the Color Match is better (no mixing colors). Definitely worth a try, and with the extensive color range your almost guaranteed to find a great match with the correct undertones. Try it, try it, try it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment