Thursday, October 11, 2012

Yankee Candle Vanilla Lime Tumbler



I know I just showed a bunch of candles that I bought from Bath and Body Works but I still have a few candles to burn before I get to those. I bought this one last year around Christmas time when Yankee had those ten off of twenty-five dollar coupons floating around. I had previously bought a few votive ones but I hadn't burned those.

Yankee Candle claims:
Smooth and refreshing - the creamy richness of vanilla with sweet cane sugar and a zesty lime twist


This candle was love at first sniff. Seriously. The lime is zesty and perfectly balanced out by the vanilla that just lingers on edge of the zestiness. It's the perfect summery candles and normally I'm not a fan of summer scents.

This scent makes my mouth water...every time I burn it I wish I had a pie or drink that smelled just like this. The picture on the jar is pretty nice too.

Now as for performance...it burned perfectly the first two times. The third time the wicks were almost  drowning and I had to "baby" the candle. Now the wicks drown ALL the time. I hate that. I think Ill cut it all up and use it as a tart because it refuses to burn evenly. My parents have a different one that is doing the same thing. Another problem I have is the scent throw just isn't strong enough. My room is pretty small and I can smell it but in a bigger room..it might get lost. I heard that the new formula wax candle is a lot better but I'm not a repeat buyer. I only give one chance.

So I love the candle scent..but the performance of the candle could be a lot better, especially considering the price. I'm going to try the tart and see how I like that. But I recommend at least sniffing this candle. It is scent heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment