Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Body Shop Mango Shower Gel


It's starting to get cold!! And I'm loving it. It's the perfect weather to light a candle and drink a nice cup of hot chocolate. But even with the weather change I'm still stuck on fruity shower gels. I bought it awhile ago for eight dollars.

The Body Shop claims:
This soap-free shower gel contains real mango seed oil and has a deliciously exotic scent. Soap-free Lather-rich Exotic mango scent

 In India, the mango tree is a symbol of love — and a vital beauty source. At the heart of this succulent fruit lies a wonderful seed, bursting with an oil so rich in nutrients that it smoothes and moisturizes even very dry skin. For years, Indian women have been rubbing the kernels from the velvety mango onto their skin to keep it soft. Luckily, we have made accessing the skin nourishing properties of the mango a little easier.

So let's start off with the scent. It's a very fruity-sour sweet smelling gel that smells kind of like what I imagine a mango sweet tart would smell like. Before I used it I gave it a good sniff and thought it smelled mostly of grapefruit. It does change when you use it. It does NOT smell like authentic mangoes. It does smell nice but it isn't my favorite scent. It doesn't linger on my skin or in the bathroom.

It foams up pretty nicely with a bath pouf and doesn't leave my skin dry at all.

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil, Citric Acid, Limonene, Linalool, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract, Hexyl Cinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Geraniol, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 33.

Overall, it's nice but nothing that I would go crazy over unless your into fruity mango scents!



2 comments:

  1. I agree. This doesn't smell like mango's to me either. It's slightly too bitter. Which is disappointing considering how much I love the body butter :-( I would take the Satsuma one over it any time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the body butter yet! I'm going to open it soon though..hopefully I love it too! The Satsuma was pretty nice though :)

      Delete