Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Body Shop Body Butter Duo in Vanilla


It's official. Everything I put on is vanilla-scented. My shower gel, hair gel, perfume, and BODY LOTION...it's divine I tell ya!!! Anyway as many body butter's as I've used and reviewed, I have never used a DUO. I have had this for over a year though. I bought it when it was on sale for around ten bucks. 

Sidenote: I wonder if The Body Shop is going to increase their prices again for the new year.

The Body Shop claims:
This twin pot contains two types of moisture: a light cream for where skin needs less hydration and a rich cream for drier areas like elbows and knees. It has a delicious, indulgent scent.
  • Provides 24-hour hydration
  • Leaves skin feeling soft all over
  • Delicious, indulgent scent


It smells like the perfume but somehow it's not as good. It's got that floral vanilla scent that isn't all that noticeable on my skin. I wish it were a bit stronger and longer lasting. Although, I really love the vanilla scent, I prefer it in the perfume oil or body spritz because that seems to develop into a better vanilla on my skin. 

Now, the concept of a two-in-one product is pretty cool. But honestly I don't need a separate butter for elbows, knees, etc because I find it does a good job everywhere. That and it seems like extra work to put one body butter one a certain body part and then another on a different body part. So I just choose one side and go with that. 

With that being said they both moisturize great. I think the lighter side smells a tad better than the ultra thick side. The thick side kinda smells like vanilla hay (what?) and the light side smells a little more pure. Also, I find the light side takes a few more seconds longer to rub in.

Overall, I think it moisturizes really well, but for my vanilla-scent fix I would rather use the perfume oil or the body spray. 

Ingredients:
Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum Parkii (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Emollient), Isododecane (Solvent), Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cera Alba (Emulsifier/Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Glycine Soja Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Phenethyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Vanilla Planifolia Extract (Natural Additive), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Anisyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient). [+/- Caramel (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour), CI 15985 (Colour)].:

Have you ever tried a duo? Did you like it more than the original body butter?


No comments:

Post a Comment