Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Body Shop Vanilla Bath and Shower Gel


The last two days have been a winter wonderland in Germany. We have been getting snow on and off for the past two days. So of course I need something to warm me up in the shower. Vanilla is a pretty warming scent and my favorite scent from The Body Shop, so I had to try this.

The Body Shop claims:
All over Latin America, vanilla is used to seduce, in love charms or in aphrodisiac pomades (perfumed oil to put on the hair). We don't like to leave anything to chance (especially when it comes to matters of the heart) so we blended notes of vanilla, lemon, plum, and jasmine, to create a tender fragrance that will make every inch of your body irresistible.


What's baffling to me is the price. Every other shower gel at TBS is $8.00 for a little bit over 8 ounces but this one is twelve for 6.75 ounces. Hmmm. Of course, I didn't pay twelve for it. I got it one sale for about six dollars. 

Somehow, this doesn't quite measure up to the body spray or the perfume oil.  It's more flowery vanilla and doesn't develop into the sweeter vanilla that the spray and oil does.. In fact when I first lather it up, it reminds me of this bubble gum in a tube I used to eat when I was little.

The lather is pretty plentiful and I don't have to use a ton. It does seem a little thicker than other shower gels that TBS makes. The scent does not linger like I was hoping it would.

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA,  Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Coco-Glucoside, Benzyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Chamomile Extract, Benzophenone-4, Coumarin, Hydroxyisohexyl, 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl, Salicylate, Limonene, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Cinnamate, Ascrbyl, Palmitate, Lecithin,Tocopheryl, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isubutylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Famesol, Geraniol, Caramel 


Overall, I'm sure there are cheaper vanilla's that smell a lot better. This one is just too expensive and not all that remarkable. I would recommend trying the spray or the oil before picking this up.


2 comments:

  1. I love vanilla scent. I have used this one and the perfume too.

    ReplyDelete