Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lush Bubblebeard Reusable Bubble Bar


I chose to use this one as my first bubble bar because- well it was broken. And I liked the smell the best out of all the bubble bars I bought. This once came in my US/Canadian Haul.

LUSH claims:
We know, it's a moustache - but it's for making beards of bubbles in the tub! The lavender and sandalwood scent is just stunning and the water is slightly shimmery thanks to snowflake luster. We've made this one with our reusable bubble bar formula so you can have baths and baths worth of fun for big and little kids this season.

 Who has a beard that's white as snow? Who spreads cheer with "Ho Ho Ho?"
Well, we can think of one fellow - who also has a fondness for red suits and cookies. But why should Santa have all the fun, (or the cookies for that matter)? This holiday season our inventor's have taken our reusable bubble bar mixture and created a Bubble Beard moustache you twirl in your tub to create mounds of fluffy white bubbles. Then you can splash around and sculpt the most magnificent bubble beard imaginable.

.

This smells mostly of lavender..although I suppose there is some sandalwood in it. I used to hate the smell of Lavender but as I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate it more and more. Lavender is supposed to be really relaxing and that's perfect for me since I take my baths at night to help me unwind.

There seems to be a couple of different ways you can use it. You can swirl it in the water while your bath is partly filled or you can hold it directly under the water.

I just held it under the water. I had to hold it under a few times to get the amount of bubbles I wanted. 

Oh yeah, although there is a white shimmer on the bar, I didn't notice it in the water or the bubbles. 

But no matter how much more I added, I could barely smell this one. I was waiting for it to envelope my whole bathroom in it's relaxing scent. So I told myself I would probably smell it more once I got in the bath. But that didn't happen.

But nope, I couldn't smell it unless I put my nose right up to the water.

The bubbles were nice though. Not the first time I used it. I guess I didn't use enough. The second bath I took I added about half the bar. Doing that made the best bubbles. 

In my opinion this gives about three...maybe four decent baths (that might be stretching it though!). 

One other thing I've noticed is that while this might make the water feel silky, my skin NEEDS lotion after taking a bath with this stuff. Could be the Sodium Laureth Sulfate.

But check out the beard I made...I would have taken a pic with the actual bar up to my face but since it was broken I couldn't. I'm such a nerd!

Ingredients:
Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tarter, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Fragrance, Cedarwood Oil, Lavender Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Tonka Absolute, Coumarin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Potassium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide

So as you can probably tell, I wasn't all that impressed. There's probably a million lavender bath products out there that can outperform this. So far Lush is 0 for 2. But I have a drawer full of Lush products that will hopefully change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment