Friday, February 15, 2013

Lush Willow Pattern Soap



I didn't originally plan on reviewing this soap because it was only a sample. But since it's limited edition and I had a good size piece I figured I minus well. Especially, since there is about a negative 100 percent chance of me buying it. This particular piece was made in the UK which has different ingredients from the one made in the US/Canada.


Lush Claims:
The classic blue and white willow pattern found on fine china has a wonderfully romantic story behind it, which provided the inspiration behind this beautiful rose and lemon-scented soap for Valentine’s Day. A whole truckle of this looks like a big willow pattern plate, with the design etched into the top and picked out in blue lustre.

The Willow Pattern Story:
Once there was a wealthy Mandarin, who had a beautiful daughter (Koong-se). She had fallen in love with her father's humble accounting assistant (Chang), angering her father (it was inappropriate for them to marry due to their difference in social class). He dismissed the young man and built a high fence around his house to keep the lovers apart. The Mandarin was planning for his daughter to marry a powerful Duke. The Duke arrived by boat to claim his bride, bearing a box of jewels as a gift. The wedding was to take place on the day the blossom fell from the willow tree.
On the eve of the daughter's wedding to the Duke, the young accountant, disguised as a servant, slipped into the palace unnoticed. As the lovers escaped with the jewels, the alarm was raised. They ran over a bridge, chased by the Mandarin, whip in hand. They eventually escaped on the Duke's ship to the safety of a secluded island, where they lived happily for years. But one day, the Duke learned of their refuge. Hungry for revenge, he sent soldiers, who captured the lovers and put them to death. The Gods, moved by their plight, transformed the lovers into a pair of doves.



The story behind was cute..but honestly not that memorable. Maybe if they made it into a video I would be more excited for it.


The scent- like the story- is also not memorable. Rose scents for me tend to be a bore..or just smell old. The only thing I like to smell like roses are actual roses. The scent is rose and lemon (there is rosewood but I have no idea what that smells like). I get the rose and lemon scent. The rose more just when sniffing the bar and then more lemon in the shower. To be honest though..I can only smell it when I hold it right up under my nose. This soap is way to expensive to basically be unscented.

Now on to the looks. It reminds me of the the blue and white china. 


I never liked that stuff to be honest. I think it's just the color though. I think the design is kinda nice. But of course when you get your piece it doesn't have nearly enough design on it. 

The blue glitter stuff watches off the first time you use it.  

The lather is...lacking. It foams nicely on a loofah but the lather disappears quickly. And so does the soap. It just melts right on down.

The only good thing about it is that it makes my skin incredibly soft. Although quite ashy looking. 

The strangest thing about the soap is the ingredients...It has talc and cornflour. Which is basically baby powder. But then it has Kaolin..which I've never seen a soap since it's usually used in face masks.

Ingredients:
Propylene Glycol, White Tea Infusion, Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Kaolin, Water, Cornflour, Talc,  Perfume, Sodium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Rose Absolute, Rose Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Rosewood  Oil, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, TetraSodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Synthetic Fluophlogopite, Geraniol, Hydroxcitronellol, Citronellol, Linalool, Limonene, Color


Overall, it's a snooze. Skip it.

Next up I'm going to try Bohemian.

No comments:

Post a Comment