Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lush Honey I Washed the Kids Soap

I always think of Honey I Shrunk the Kids when I hear the name. 

Anyway, I used to stalk the Lush website and this was the soap I wanted the most. But the almost $8.00 price tag for a mere 3.5 ounces is expensive. Since I was already buying some the sale stuff off of the UK website, I went ahead and ordered it then. It's a little cheaper on the UK site so I saved a little bit of money.

LUSH claims:

To bee, or not to bee

People have swarmed around this best-selling soap since we first invented it
You can wash the kids in this if you want, but make sure you get your share of this honey toffee-scented addictive soap! Don’t blame us if a fight breaks out over it - buy several to avoid family rifts. The family that washes together stays together.


So I'll start off with scent. This is the first Lush product that has a scent that I absolutely LOVE. It's a floral honey, caramel, and sticky toffee all mixed together. It's heavenly. The first time I took a shower I got a little confused and thought I was using some sort of caramel in the shower. I had to remind myself that it was soap! 

 You know who would LOVE this scent?


When I rub it into my shower puff more of the caramel scent comes out. Unfortunately the scent weakens when I start lathering it up on my body. I wish it were stronger. And after I rinse off the scent is gone. I really wanted it to stick around.

This particular soap makes a really nice thick bubbly lather. I love it!

Unfortunately, it doesn't leave my skin feeling moisturized. I almost thought it would because it felt so nice when I rinsed it off. But after I toweled off, my skin was feeling pretty parched.

I cut my soap into pieces but I don't find that it lasts that long. Your lucky if you get to two weeks with it. While I was cutting it, the honey comb fell off on one of the pieces. If that happens to you, don't throw it away...use it to wash your hands. Surprisingly it lathered up.


Or you can just peel the top layer of the honey comb off (it's just beeswax). Underneath is supposed to be a glycerine soap made with honey. If not you can use that little piece to exfoliate. Personally I would rather used a scrub or exfoliation gloves.

Ingredients:
Honey Water, Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Beeswax, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Bergamot Oil, Aloe Vera Extract, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride,  EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Gardenia Extract, Titanium Dioxide,Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate

The UK version has more glycerine than the US version, other than that they are the same. 

Overall, I really love the scent, but I don't think it's strong enough and I think it's way too expensive. I noticed a lot of people make dupes of this scent on Etsy so I may try some of those.


Next up The Godmother!

No comments:

Post a Comment