Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding


I am always getting emails from Miss Jessie's and I really wanted to place an order when they had their Buy 1, Get 1 sale in December but they don't ship to military addresses. How Lame. So I bought this off Amazon for $20. 

Miss Jessie's products are a product that I don't really want to try because I don't really like the company but I just figured I would do so for the review. 

Why don't I like the company?

They encourage natural hair...but then they offer a "silkener" which basically is a relaxer that you don't leave in as long, so your hair isn't getting bone straight but you just get a looser curl pattern. Another reason is their ingredients. For twenty bucks your basically getting a product that has the same ingredients as something you can get from the beauty supply store for $4.99. I could go on forever and ever.

Anyway, on with the review.

So first off it's purple. Unnaturally purple. Me no likey.

Miss Jessie's claims:
Our world famous Curly Pudding is a "smooth operator" that transforms shrunken kinks to super shiny stretched out curls. 

Instructions for use: Apply a palm full of Curly pudding to damp freshly shampooed and conditioned hair. Rake through large sections and air dry. For maximum elongation comb a nickel sized dollop thru small sections and air dry. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT CHEMICALLY ALTERING. 
The must have maintenance product, Baby Buttercreme and Curly Buttercreme, add to hair the day after styling.
FIRMEST HOLD

So first off it's purple. Unnaturally purple. Me no likey.

Another thing I don't like is the smell. It smells way to strong. It reminds me of a Victoria Secret scent, like Love Spell or Pure Seduction. Victoria Secret scent's tend to be way to strong and cloying But luckily it doesn't stick to my hair for longer than about an hour.

The texture of it is a really thick cream. A really thick cream that you rub on and it sucks out all the moisture in your hair. And I do mean all. 

And it turns my hair white and takes awhile to dry.

Lastly, it doesn't elongate my curl AT all. My hair looks that same as if I used an extra cheap cream on it. 

Can you tell I'm unhappy with it?

It says on the bottle that it's good for a twist out and I tried it for that but it makes my hair look and feel really dry. It will last a long time but that's not really a good thing considering I hate this stuff.

Ingredients:
Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Fragrance, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Silk Amino Acids, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Avocado Oil, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Macadamia Seed Oil, Oleth-5, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Ext. Violet 2.

Now as for the ingredients..the main ingredient is mineral oil. Cheap mineral oil. Really Miss Jessie? It does have some good stuff but it's located a lot further down than I like. And nothing in it to justify the $22 dollar price tag for 8 ounces.

I don't recommend this AT all, and I'm quite baffled as to the popularity of it in the natural hair community. Seriously, it should be called the WORST darn curl cream period!

Have you tried it? Like, Love it, Or Hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment