Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Lowdown on Nubian Heritage Soaps


This post is long overdue. I used Nubian Heritage soaps years ago. I tried them all but I never did a collective review. Reading through 13 different reviews can be kind of tedious so I wanted to condense them.

From what I remember Nubian Heritage is a black-owned company that got started in New York.( Which I think it's important to support!)  You can find them in beauty supply stores, health food stores, Target, and a few places online. 

The soaps are all natural. The ingredients list on these soaps are amazing. No chemicals, AT ALL. What's even more impressive is the price. You can find these in the price range of $2.50- $4.00 a bar. Each bar is about five ounces a piece. You can't FIND a better deal. 

So I'll start from my most favorite to my least favorite. And if you click on the soap title it will take you to the original review.

Nubian Heritage African Black Soap with Oats, Aloe, and Vitamin E
This is not real black soap. But I don't care. This is my absolute favorite soap by them. It just does something magical for my skin-both body and face. It has a gummy lather and a pear like scent. If you only try one, try this one!

Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Soap with Frankincense and Myrrh
This one is my second favorite because of the scent. It smells so good. It smells much more expensive than it is. It is moisturizing also.


Nubian Heritage Olive Butter Soap with Avocado and Green Tea Leaves
This one is the most moisturizing. It has the same floral fresh scent as Indian Vetiver and the Carrot.


Worked best on my face. Had a floral scent the same as the Olive Butter and the Indian Hemp soap. Exfoliation was average.

Sounds more like a dessert. This doesn't have a strong chocolate scent but it was very moisturizing.


Has a nice apricot smell and the little black seed really exfoliate (sometimes scratchy). My skin looked healthier after using this but it left my skin dry.

The best one to use after a heavy work out because it is very deodorizing. It makes you feel fresh. The peppermint scent is very mild though. I really like the crushed almonds in it. They made a great exfoliant.


Smells like Tone soap. So I wasn't thrilled with the scent. I wanted more of a lavender scent. I needed lotion with this.

This one is a great anti-bacterial soap. I actually didn't really like the scent on it. It smells very lemon-grassy. And also like tea. I know a lot of people like this one on their face but it wasn't that great on mine. I like it more for after working out.


Same floral scent as the Olive Butter and Carrot Soap. Good cleansing and average exfoliation.

Mine was basically unscented. I don't know if it usually has a scent. It worked nice but I was disappointed because I expected a delicious smell. Other than 


Nubian Heritage Goat's Milk and Chai Soap with Rose Extracts
Smelled like baby powder when I lathered it up. And I found huge chucks of dead roses in mine. I don't think that's normal though. Cleaned really well.



Nubian Heritage Body Butter Soap with Mango, Shea, and Cocoa Butter with Honey and Cornmeal
 Another one that was basically unscented for me. And this one left my skin dry. This one was probably my least favorite of all.

They all have excellent lather. And the scents do not linger on your skin.

Overall they make great soaps and I'm very glad I tried them!!! Of course I have my favorites but I feel they are all very beneficial to the skin.

Have you tried them? Which was your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment