Saturday, April 20, 2013

Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream


Hands are the biggest betrayal of a woman's age. Or so I'm told. So I try to take care of mine. Buying hand creams are one of the ways I do so.

Burt's Bees claims:
Show dry hands the door with this ultra-rich hand cream. Perfect for everyday revival, Shea Butter is the star along with a bouquet of botanical oils including Sesame, Borage, Macadamia, Rosehip and Sunflower. Get soft, beautifully moisturized hands anytime. All the time. A Burt’s Bees customer favorite!
• Gentle enough for use every day
• Moisturizes and softens with Shea Butter and botanical oils


Winter hasn't been great to my hands. They dried out pretty much as soon as I stepped outside no matter how much lotion I put on. So I picked this up. It looks like a serious product. I mean, it comes in a box. And it has Shea Butter in it (one of my fave ingredients!). The shea butter is listed a little further down than I would like though.

First things first...this stuff is stinky.

It smells awful. And it sticks around for awhile, like all stinky products do....


It smells like chamomile..and herbs...in the worst way. But despite that I try to keep using it because I did pay twelve bucks for it. 

The texture is a little odd. It's a cream but for some reason whenever I rub it in it seems to feel almost watery. Very moisturizing watery. But it doesn't last in the cold weather. Now that it's warmer out..it works just fine. It's just not heavy duty like the package seems to claim.


Ingredients:
 aqua (water, eau), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, stearic acid, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), glycerin, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, rosa canina seed extract, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, parfum (fragrance)*, tocopherol, borago officinalis seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, alchemilla vulgaris extract, calendula officinalis flower oil, plantago major leaf extract, glucose, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, beta-carotene, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, sodium borate, sodium chloride, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, benzyl alcohol, citral, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, limonene, linalool. *natural fragrance


Like all Burt's Bees products the ingredients are great...I just had that one small complaint that I mentioned before.

Overall, it just isn't for me. Sorry Burt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment