Saturday, April 20, 2013

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 355 Coconut



 It was foundation time again. To tell you the truth, I hate shopping for foundations. It's always so hard to figure out which color will best match my skin, most of the time I get it right though. Originally, I had the Revlon Photo Ready in my hand, but when I saw that the Fit Me was only six bucks, I switched.  

Maybelline claims:

WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT

It's makeup that fits you.
  • No oils, no waxes, no nonsense
  • Natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be…fresh, breathing, natural  
  • Exclusive translucent base and lightweight pigments allow skin's natural highs and lows to show through
  • Non-comedogenic, dermatologist-tested

FOR BEST RESULTS

Apply smoothly and evenly to your face and blend with your fingertips.

I had seen this in stores a couple of times but all the shades looked a bit light..and they all seem yellow based. Upon giving it a closer look I found that the Coconut color looked pretty dark so I decided to try it. It matches perfectly! Even though I found my shade, I still think the darker shade selections need more variety. There are only two (out of 18) that are suitable for darker skin.

When I first started using it, I had break-outs. All over my chin and a few on my cheeks. But my skin is very sensitive and usually when I change products my skin goes all crazy anyway. Now that my skin has gotten used to it,  I no longer break out. 

The coverage on this is actually pretty good. It hides blemishes nicely, which is a plus for me because I don't use concealer. It has a medium coverage..but it is build-able.

One of the major problems with Revlon's Colorstay is they don't put SPF in it for the darker colors. This one has SPF. Sometimes SPF makes darker colors look ashy/ghostly..but I'm happy to report I found it pretty true to color.

One more thing I should mention is that I have combination/oily skin...but I think this is better suited for dry skin. It get's a little dewy looking..which translates to oily for me. It's nothing a good powder can't fix though. I might try to pick up the matching powder to this once I run out of my current powder.

I almost forgot to mention the packaging- which does not have a pump. It doesn't bother me, but I know many people prefer a pump. And I actually really love the packaging..it looks more expensive that it is and looks nice sitting on my make-up table.

And one more thing...the first couple if times I used it, it had a scent. Almost a little perfume-y but I don't notice a smell from it anymore.

Overall, I actually really like it! I just need to find a good setting powder!

Have you tried Maybelline Fit Me? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Ohh nice to know you enjoy using it hun! I really want to try this one at some point but my colour is in 115 and I've never been to a store that keeps it in stock :-( maybe I'll just buy it online at some point :-) Great Review! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems we have the same problem..stores don't like stocking the dark or the light shade. The only color that seems to have any luck are the medium skin tones lol

      It is pretty good though, especially for the price!!! I was kinda surprised because I wasn't really expecting much from it!

      Delete