Saturday, April 20, 2013

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 355 Coconut



 It was foundation time again. To tell you the truth, I hate shopping for foundations. It's always so hard to figure out which color will best match my skin, most of the time I get it right though. Originally, I had the Revlon Photo Ready in my hand, but when I saw that the Fit Me was only six bucks, I switched.  

Maybelline claims:

WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT

It's makeup that fits you.
  • No oils, no waxes, no nonsense
  • Natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be…fresh, breathing, natural  
  • Exclusive translucent base and lightweight pigments allow skin's natural highs and lows to show through
  • Non-comedogenic, dermatologist-tested

FOR BEST RESULTS

Apply smoothly and evenly to your face and blend with your fingertips.

I had seen this in stores a couple of times but all the shades looked a bit light..and they all seem yellow based. Upon giving it a closer look I found that the Coconut color looked pretty dark so I decided to try it. It matches perfectly! Even though I found my shade, I still think the darker shade selections need more variety. There are only two (out of 18) that are suitable for darker skin.

When I first started using it, I had break-outs. All over my chin and a few on my cheeks. But my skin is very sensitive and usually when I change products my skin goes all crazy anyway. Now that my skin has gotten used to it,  I no longer break out. 

The coverage on this is actually pretty good. It hides blemishes nicely, which is a plus for me because I don't use concealer. It has a medium coverage..but it is build-able.

One of the major problems with Revlon's Colorstay is they don't put SPF in it for the darker colors. This one has SPF. Sometimes SPF makes darker colors look ashy/ghostly..but I'm happy to report I found it pretty true to color.

One more thing I should mention is that I have combination/oily skin...but I think this is better suited for dry skin. It get's a little dewy looking..which translates to oily for me. It's nothing a good powder can't fix though. I might try to pick up the matching powder to this once I run out of my current powder.

I almost forgot to mention the packaging- which does not have a pump. It doesn't bother me, but I know many people prefer a pump. And I actually really love the packaging..it looks more expensive that it is and looks nice sitting on my make-up table.

And one more thing...the first couple if times I used it, it had a scent. Almost a little perfume-y but I don't notice a smell from it anymore.

Overall, I actually really like it! I just need to find a good setting powder!

Have you tried Maybelline Fit Me? What did you think?