Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Lush Candy Mountain Bubble Bar


AKA Creamy Candy.

Sidenote- Was there a movie by the name of Candy Mountain? 

Lush claims:

Every year we give our best selling Creamy Candy Bar bubble bar a special outfit for Xmas.  Last year it was in the shape of a cane, this year we’ve turned it into a little swirly mountain peak.
But whatever the shape and look, the thing that never changes is that lovely vanilla and candy floss smell and the mountains of soft bubbles.
When the busy season has exhausted you, the hoards of shoppers have pushed and shoved you, and you think you can’t take any more - lie back in a Candy Mountain bath and feel its sweet and comforting hug. 

I love the name, it makes me envision a mountain of my favorite candies- pink starbursts, red skittle, gummi bears, toblerone, Swedish Fish. Mmm. Well, maybe not all together on the same mountain. 


When I first smelled it, I hated it. It smelled like sweet sweet mothballs. Really gross.

But somehow when it hits water the mothball scent disappears. What's left is a creamy soft candy scent that I liked. I couldn't detect any vanilla though. I used about half a bar and got great bubbles, the scent could have been stronger though.

As far as how the bar looked it was ugly. I saw pictures of others that looked much better...it's just that mine had the colors melting together and the green was an ugly shade. The color it made in the bath was a very light green that was actually kinda nice. 

The bubbles lasted around thirty minutes or so which is much better than the reusable bubble bars.

I'm going to give it a fun factor rating of 4.5/5. It was really fun to crumble the bar under the water. 

Unfortunately, my skin was D-R-Y afterwards. I'm starting to think that it's the baking soda. My skin just isn't feelin' it.

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate,Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume,Cocamide DEA, Titanium Dioxide, Vanilla Absolute,Methyl Lonone, Colour 45410, Colour 17200

Overall, it was just Ok. The candy scent was nice but it just wouldn't warrant a repurchase. It's just not worth the price.

Oh yeah, mine came from the USA/Canada site in case anyone was wondering!

No comments:

Post a Comment