Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lush Angel's Delight Soap


Another Christmas Lush review in June. I can't help myself!

Lush Claims:
A huge golden man on the moon sits atop this soap and wraps around a huge pink block of soap, with more decorations than a Christmas tree.  With random blocks of colours, silver glitter, gold glitter, iridescent glitter and a lovely gold lustre, you never know just what your slice is going to look like.   But what you do know is that you’ll get a soap that is universally appealing, with sweet orange essential oil, tangerine oil and a fruity fragrance.
It brings a little bit of summer sunshine into the winter and makes you feel like you’ve been visited by angels.


I got this soap in the Christmas sale so I didn't pay full price. Somehow I ended up with a star piece AND a half moon. I hear the actual slices are supposed to be quite pretty with little bit of plasticky chunky star glitter (heard they can hurt) and a nice purple color.


My pieces has the regular glitter in them. They don't stick to your skin though when your done showering so that 's good.

I'm pretty sure these are glycerin soaps and as you might know I associate glycerin with being cheap. They are cute though...

The scent is like tangerine, grapefruit, and lemon koolaide. If they had such a flavor. I really really like the scent. But it's not strong enough in the shower...and it doesn't linger on the skin.I'm not sure why the release it only at Christmas though since it's not really Christmas-y. Lush Miranda soaps smells similar to it...except that on is creamy. But it is available year round.


Another not so good thing about it is it melts fast. My star piece barely made it through the week. But it was not drying. I could skip lotion if I wanted and still have presentable skin. Of course that might be because it's summer

It lathers nicely though as long as you use a pouf!

Ingredients:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Tangerine Oil, Sweet Orange Oil,Titanium Dioxide, Gardenia Extract, Glycerine,Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate,*Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 14700, Colour 17200,Colour 45410, Colour 60725, Colour 15510, Colour 42090, Silver Glitter, Golden Glitter, Golden Lustre,Iridescent Glitter

Overall, I like the scent but I was just underwhelmed. I'll finish it but won't buy again. (as with almost all Lush soaps!)



No comments:

Post a Comment