Thursday, June 6, 2013

Lush Santa's Sack Bubble Bar


Indeed it's June and I am reviewing a Christmas bubble bar. That's just how it is sometimes. I got this on sale so I didn't pay much for it.

Lush claims:

Santa has a little something for you in his sack

We’ve all been good enough to deserve a festive bath of softening bubbles with the scent of fizzy drinks. With tonka, neroli and tagetes this bubble bar is kind to the skin and a gift to the nose.
Even as an adult, there is nothing quite so exciting as Santa’s sack, bulging with mystery delights for us – so this bubble bar will appeal to everyone. 

Santa’s sack is full to bursting this year that there are little bubble bar gifts spilling from the top.  Made from two types of bubble bar mix, you can crumble the soft sack under a hot running tap to get mountains of bubbles that smell of fizzy cola drinks and a zingy fruitiness.  But Santa’s delivery doesn’t end there – if you pull the little gifts off and pop them somewhere safe, you can use them for a bath another day.  They are made of our harder, reusable bubble bar mix – so although small, they will deliver a perfect bath of bubbles another day.  Meaning this Santa is good for about 3 goes.

Santa's Sack.

Can we just think about the name for a second.

Hilarious. But all jokes aside I just love the way Santa's sack smells!

The perfect bubble bath scent. But like all other bubble bars the scent could be stronger. It's hard for me to describe but it's a bright but relaxing scent that sort of lingers on the skin.

This particular bar is three in one. You get the sack part which is regular bubble bar and then the presents...which are reusable. So that's a plus.

I found that it didn't give that great of bubbles. But it did give colored water. The yellow present made a an almost clear bath, the orange-brown present gave a light orangey brown water, and the sack gave a beautiful orange red bath.



The water felt really softening and moisturizing while I was in it, but when I got out I needed lotion. My skin might just be sensitive the all the baking soda in the products though.


Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Carbonate, Lauryl Betaine,Glycerine, Perfume, Tonka Absolute, Neroli Oil,Tagetes Oil, Cocamide DEA, *Cinnamal, *Citral,*Coumarin, *Linalool, Limonene, Gardenia Extract,Colour 14700, Colour 15510

Overall, I really liked it but I wish the scent was stronger. I probably wouldn't buy it again though....

2 comments: