Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder in 355 Coconut

(ignore the fingerprints!)

Not too long ago, I reviewed the liquid foundation from the same line. I don't purchase powder often, but the dewy(read oily) look of the foundation had me looking for something I could set it with that would also make my face appear matte.  So I picked this up.

Maybelline claims:
It's powder that fits you.
  • Natural finish that leaves skin the way it was meant to be…fresh, breathing, flawless
  • No oils, no waxes, no nonsense
  • Available in 18 breathable shades

FOR BEST RESULTS

Apply to your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin using gentle downward strokes.

I don't remember how much I paid for it but it wasn't more than six dollars...so already my wallet was happy.

The only thing that concerned me was the color match. The products are color coded which makes finding the matching shade...easy. My foundation is 355 Coconut so I picked up the 355 pressed powder. But I had second thoughts while I was roaming the store deciding where or not to get it. The color looks light...very light. And I hate the look that makeup that makeup that is too light gives me.

But I silenced my concerns and bought it anyway.

Luckily, it blends out and matches. It's not even ashy (Except in pictures!). As long as I wear it as a setting powder I am fine. It looks a bit unnatural if I try to apply it any heavier than that.

This used to be the darkest shade Maybelline offered but they just brought out one more shade that is darker. (Yay!) 

The packaging looks nice but feels cheap. I don't mind much because it wasn't expensive. And it comes with a mirror and a little puff.

I tried it with the puff and while it applies it ok...my skin tends to get even more oily after a few hours. I don't know what it is about pressing it into the skin that would cause that.

The way I like to apply is is with my Real Techniques buffing brush. My skin still tends to get oily a few hours later but nothing like it did with using the puff. 

I just put a little bit on and buff it in after applying foundation and I'm good to go. 

So overall, I like it. It goes well with the foundation. I just wish it did a better job of keeping the oil away!


No comments:

Post a Comment