Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover


This is off topics...but I just have to get it off my chest. Do any of ya'll watch Game of Thrones? I LOVE that show...but it seems like they killed off a lot of my favorite Stark characters the last episode. I love Rob Stark...and I really liked the mother. It was awful how they did it too. 

But anyway, this is supposed to be a cuticle remover post, so let's get started. I think I paid around five bucks for this. I had seen great reviews for it on youtube so I decided to pick it up. My cuticles need the help!

Sally Hansen claims:
Sally Hansen instant cuticle remover is a cuticle and callus-busting gel. Dissolve dry cuticles in 15 seconds. Cuts manicure time in half. Revolutionary gel formula helps break down excess cuticles. Helps condition and soften dry, rough cuticles. Soothes hangnails. Great for calluses too.


This is so much better than the other cuticle remover I had, but still it's not a miracle. Ignore my horrible peeling nails...it actually doesn't look like it did much in the pictures...

First off, I love that it's clear and a gel like consistancy. It makes it easy to apply and see what your doing.

Another good thing, it works in one minute. I leave it longer because my cuticles need the extra time.

It isn't a product that does all the work though. I find I still have to use a little elbow grease to get the cuticles back. It does improve the look of my cuticles...but it's not a miracle. Some of my cuticles it actually dissolves while some it it stubbornly stays on.

It does claim to help get rid of calluses and I have a bit of rough skin between my thumb and pointer finer so I tried it, but I wasn't impressed. I probably won't try to use it that way again.

Ingredients:
Water, Potassium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate

Overall, I like it. It works much better than the other one I had but I want something...better.

No comments:

Post a Comment