Monday, June 24, 2013

Lush Sex Bomb Bath Bomb

Everytime I hear this I think of the song sex bomb. I love the name...I think it's clever!

I used this last night and I WAS going to cut it in half but since I have a super stressful couple of weeks ahead of me I just tossed to whole thing in. I have to work SEVENTEEN days in a row...AND do schoolwork for my class. So I figured I deserve it.

Lush claims:
What’s in a name? When it comes to the Sex Bomb we take the moniker seriously. A must for any romantic bath, our world famous sphere of sex appeal contains all of Nature’s most potent and seductive ingredients to get you in the mood for a good… bath. Scintillating jasmine, clary sage and ylang ylang are powerful aphrodisiacs that are known to relax you as they warm your heart, and other body parts too. Soya milk makes the water milky, softening your entire body as you enjoy a luxurious soak with our best-selling Bath Bomb. Consider yourself warned.
As a vegetarian company, we can’t use real musk, because you have to kill a whole lot of musk deer to steal their musk oil. So, to find a vegetarian alternative to this cruelty, we turn to a safe synthetic that smells identical. The name for this ballistic came from a competition we ran for customers to invent a ballistic. Sex Bomb was the winning suggestion. 
The bicarbonate in this ballistic helps the aphrodisiac oils linger on the skin and keep you smelling great for hours.


I admit, I purchased it for the name. And I've recently developed a fondness for the jasmine scent so I had to get it!




The whole time I've had it, I could not smell it. So I was worried that it wouldn't have any scent. Somehow when it hit the water, I could smell it. A soft, seductive, mostly rose, little bit of jasmine scent. It wasn't strong though, it's a gentle scent. I didn't think it would linger on my skin but I could smell it this morning when I woke up! That never happens with Lush products so I was really pleased.

It's a fast fizzer and the water turned a nice purple/pink almost immediately.

There is a cute  rice paper rose in the middle and for some reason I thought they would spread out sort if like rose petals in the bath but they get pretty soggy. So I just squished them between my fingers.

I wouldn't call it moisturizing although the water felt like it would be. It certainly didn't dry my skin...but I wasn't any softer than usual.

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Sodium Sesquicarbonate, Perfume, Soya Milk, Synthetic Musk, Jasmine Absolute, Clary Sage Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Titanium Dioxide, *Limonene, *Linalool,Colour 17200, Colour 42090, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Methyl Lonone, Rice Paper Flower
*


Overall, it was nice...but nothing I must have again, especially at this price!!


No comments:

Post a Comment