Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Body Shop Aloe Body Butter


Just in time for summer! I actually got this for free when The Body Shop sent me the wrong order...I've had it for awhile I was just waiting for the summer to open it because Aloe is really good for sunburn (which i've only had once in my entire life!)

The Body Shop claims:
Soothe, comfort and moisturize sensitive skin with a luxuriously creamy body moisturizer.
BEST FOR: sensitive skin
How it works:
  • Melts instantly on contact with the skin to soothe, comfort and moisturize.
  • Helps to minimize the signs and reactions of sensitive skin, such as dryness. Regular regime use helps protect skin.


I never paid much attention to this particular butter until one day when I was at work and a lady buying it had nothing but raves for it. She claimed it was the only lotion she would use. 

I tend to not be very interested in fragrance free/sensitive skin products (unless they are for the face) but I actually did want to try this one!

It a butter-cream type of texture and it kind of smells like raw oatmeal. It's certainly not a bad smell just a little strange. But it doesn't linger so you can wear any perfume you like and not worry about it clashing. 

I love how easy this stuff is to rub in, and how it's very moisturizing but not heavy at all. It can add a little sheen to the the skin but who wouldn't like that?

It's great for sensitive skin, sun burnt skin, after shaving...and probably a whole lot of other things I'm not thinking of.

I have used this as a face cream and think it's excellent for that. I know they make one that is specifically for the face, but this works just as well.

Ingredients:
Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Lanolin Alcohol, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil) Nut Oil, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Water.


The ingredient list is short and aloe is at the top of the list which is what I like to see.

If you have sensitive skin or you simply just like a fragrance free lotion, I highly recommend it. Just make sure you catch it on sale!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh sounds great for me! You've only been burnt once?! I'm going to Portugal in October and I'll need a factor 50 then! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep only once :) I was 12, and I always refused to wear sunscreen. I didn't think dark-skinned people could get sun burn...I was surprised!!! Lol oooh portugal!!! I'm jealous..I've been to Spain twice but never to portugal :) Have fun!!!

      Delete