Wednesday, July 10, 2013

DIY Beauty: Shea Butter Conditioner

I've always wanted to be home mixtress. But getting ingredients is tedious so I just never really have. Until now. Well actually I made this about a month ago. 

Click here for the recipe.

The recipe is really flexible. You can use whatever oils you want. I chose Olive because that's what I had. And I like Olive Oil in my hair.

I didn't add any essential oils because I didn't have any  at the time and they aren't really necessary anyway.

It was super fun to make.





That's how much it made.

A ton.

I find that I don't actually like using as conditioner. It has too much good stuff in it to just wash it out. I use it as a leave-in under other leave-ins. It adds good shine. 

I find it's GREAT for my scalp. Shiny, healthy looking scalp. Definitely one to use for scalp massages. 

I just wish I could have scented it. It's smells like coconut salad dressing. But it fades pretty quickly so I can't complain too much.

Overall it was fun but I want to try other mixes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment