Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lush Space Girl Bath Bomb



Bath Time!! And book time. Speaking of reading, I just finished reading Gone With the Wind. I'm trying to read some of the classics. If that wasn't the most racist book ever. I read it because I wanted to know more about the Reconstruction period after the Civil War, and it wasn't accurate at ALL. But I guess at least I can say I read it, right?

Anyway, back to bath bombs. This is probably going to be my last bomb for awhile. They are just way too expensive. I think I bought this one mostly because it's purple (or blue) and for some reason I thought it was grapefruit scented. I was so wrong. It's more black current-y.

Lush claims:

o you sometimes feel like you’re on a different planet? Don’t feel alien -  retreat to the bathroom to float in your own personal space until you feel ready for touch down
Of course, if we were making an interstellar ballistic we had to put space dust in it (otherwise known as popping candy). So make sure you plunge your head underwater if you want to hear the full effects of the crackles and pops.


So it's berry scented...and it has that generic Lush bath bomb scent. Actually the generic Lush scent was the only scent I was able to pick up. Nonetheless, I liked it. And this one actually got stronger when I dropped it in the water. Not strong, but stronger. 

It made the water turn a purple-blue color and when I got in and really looked there was a small layer of glitter in the water. It made me happy for a few seconds. One thing I noticed is that the bombs in the store didn't have the red glitter like on the website.

The best thing about it was that when I got in I could hear the pop rocks popping. It was so cool. The kid in me was tickled pink! You can kinda see the fizzy candy in the picture.

It's a pretty fast fizzer. The water didn't get soft or anything like that so it didn't moisturize BUT it didn't dry my skin either.

The scent lingered after I was done but not for long. It was still nice while it lasted.

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume,Grapefruit Oil, Bergamot Oil, Almond Essential Oil,Colour 17200, Colour 42053, Crimson and Red Golden Glitter, Fizzy Candy, *Limonene, *Linalool,Methyl Ionone

Overall, it was OK...but I wouldn't buy it again.( I feel that way about basically all of Lush products!)

No comments:

Post a Comment