Saturday, July 27, 2013

Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara



I'm slowly checking off some of the "classics mascara's" that I have wanted to try. Why do I like trying classics? I figure there must be some reason they are still on the market after so many years. Especially because cosmetic companies are quick to discontinue items. Of course it's a drugstore brand so the price is about six dollars. I think I had a dollar off coupon too!

Maybelline claims:
Exclusive mini-brush allows you to get hard-to-reach lashes – from corner to corner, root to tip and the bottom, too
• Contact lens safe and hypoallergenic
• Washable, also available in Waterproof formula 

FOR BEST RESULTS

Apply mascara from your outer lash to inner lash, sweeping brush slowly from root to tip. Do not let dry between coats. Removes easily with soap and water or Expert Eyes® 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.


It's got that "old school" mascara tube look. It definitely doesn't fit in with the newer mascara looks but I kind of like that. 

The brush...is tiny. I don't think I've ever used a brush so small. It has taken a little getting used to but I like the control that is offers compared to some of the more gigantic brushes they have now. Even with the extra control I still manage to smear it on my lids. It's excellent for the lower lashes though!

The formula is wet...and takes a little while to dry. 

I like that it's buildable. I can get up to three coats on without it clumping up and looking like spider lashes on me.


The mascara gives me a lot of length. More than I was expecting. And a lot of definition. I was kind of surprised at it, mostly because I wasn't expecting much but I actually really like. It's not "going to the club" mascara... but a good work or every mascara.

I love that it never flakes...and as humid as it is I've never had it smudge on me! And no crunchy lashes!

My verdict? It's an oldie but goodie. I definitely recommend it, especially for those people that have really thick lashes and are looking for some length and definition!!


No comments:

Post a Comment