Saturday, July 20, 2013

Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner


I don't like the brand Mixed Chicks. I don't like the comments they have made in the past...and I don't really like the brand name.

But I figured I would try a product out...you know just to see if I might like them. 

They are very expensive. I paid around sixteen dollars. Was it worth all that?

Mixed Chicks claims:
10oz of the curl-defining formula designed for us. And when we say, "us", we mean many. Even if you are not mixed, you may have frizz and unruly curls, right?


USE THIS TO: TAME FRIZZ and DEFINE CURLS on many hair textures & weaves (synthetic or human).

In short, the answer is no.

It comes in a cute little bottle with ten ounces of product.

The texture is just like many other leave-ins. It's quite thin and easy to spread. What I hate about it is that it goes on white until it dries. I like just washing and going and that creates a problem. People are always telling me "You have white stuff in your hair!"

When I first used it I thought it was helping to stretch out my kinky curls but they dried looking just the same as always...maybe .01% more definition. And they were crunchy. This stuff acts almost like a gel. I'm NOT a fan of the crunch.

What I do like about it was the smell. It's smells...bubbly. I know that's a terrible description but it really is a nice smell. It's pretty light though, so you won't be able to smell it in your hair unless you put your hair directly under your nose.


Ingredients
Water, glycerin, amodimethicone, emulsifying wax, hydrolyzed wheat protein,/pvp crosspolymer, methylgluceth-20, hydroxypropyl trimonium choloride, octyl methoxycinnamate, hydroxyethyl celloluse, jojoba oil, safflower oil, primrose oil, wheat amino acid, crosilk, hydrolyzed collagen (marine), phenoxyethanel, methylparaben, proplyparaben, butylparaben, FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #5, fragrance

So to sum it up...this stuff isn't worth the money or the hype. I would never buy this again. I do still have the shampoo that I'm planning on reviewing one of these days. I want to use it a few more times before I post a review.

What are your thoughts? Have you tried it? Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment