Thursday, August 22, 2013

NXY Mellow Yellow Single Eyeshadow



I have wanted a vivid bright yellow eyeshadow for a very long time. I've seen some very nice looks with yellow. It goes great with browns and purples....etc. So I bought this. Looks nice and bright right?


NYX claims:
                                                                       Bright yellow
Punch it up. Thanks to our high-fashion, high-intensity pigments, our signature pressed shadows pack a punch of color, yet are incredibly easy to blend. Go edgy or understated effortlessly, and enjoy the luscious, long-wearing color from sunrise to sunset...and beyond. Collect and create with 50 shades in shimmer, sheer, glitter, frosty, metallic and matte formulations!

Unfortunately when I put it on it's just...mellow. Kind of like the name. Silly me for buying an eyeshadow called "Mellow Yellow" and expecting it to be bright. 

It's so muted when I put it on...it's almost like a beige with just a hint of yellow. Nothing like the bright lemon yellow you see in the pot.

So yes I am disappointed...but I guess it's my own fault.

Other than it not being as bright as I expected it goes on pretty smoothly and the wear is decent.


If it's what your looking for..it's nice. As for me..the search goes on for the perfect pigmented super bright pigmented yellow!

2 comments:

  1. Love the post hun! I've given you a Liebster Award on my blog :-) Check out this post to read the questions I thought up for you! http://whenitrainsitpours92.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/liebster-award-from-last-broken-road.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Thanks :) I'm on my way to answer now. Sorry I'm a bit late!!

      Delete