Tuesday, September 10, 2013

St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub


I remember buying this back in high school. That was back when I was pretty naive and believed everything written on the back of the tube. I actually thought it really was some secret Swiss formula. Now that I'm older I know better. 

St. Ives claims:
 this award-winning Apricot Scrub deep cleans, instantly leaving skin smooth and glowing.


I think I had the sensitive skin version when I was in high school, because I don't remember it having any scent. This version, however, has a lot of scent. Sort of apricot smelling...but really strong and artificial. I'm not a fan of the scent, and although I'm normally a scent junky, I think I would prefer if it was fragrance free.

Beside the scent, I love how the actual product works. It's not too scrubby but you can definitely control how abrasive it is by how much water you have on your face before adding in the scrub. It's simply, I wet my face, apply a blob, scrub it around and rinse.

Afterwards my face is smooth, invigorated, and clean. And the next day I notice that any blemishes I had have reduced significantly. 

I try to use it every day but usually I only use it every three or four days. I usually use it at night and moisturize afterwards. 

The best thing about it, it's cheap. And you can often find a coupon. I paid only two dollars and some change for it.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Polysorbate 60, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenethyl Alcohol, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Limonene, Linalool, Methylisothiazolinone, Glycerin, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract.


Despite it's strong scent, I really really like it. In fact, it might make my yearly favorites list. I recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment