Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Dove Cream Oil Shea Butter Body Lotion



I know I haven't been blogging for the last couple of weeks...but I broke my computer. I spilled water on it...just a little bit and boom there goes my $1200 dollar laptop. I'm not gonna lie. I cried. I lost all my papers, pictures, etc. I have another now...the same one I had before thanks to my dad selling me his!! But I just hadn't been in the mood to blog. 

But I'm back now.

And this time no liquids around my laptop. Ever.

Anyway, on to the review.

Dove claims:
The naturally rich formula of Dove Shea Butter Body Lotion helps gives you radiant and silky smooth skin. It is the blend of creamy rich Shea butter and skin nourishing oils that make this lotion a quality way to pamper your skin. This fast absorbing, hydrating and nourishing skin care lotion leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft, and it helps relieve dryness. Dove body lotion with rich creamy Shea butter and natural skin nourishing oils works well by itself or when used with other Dove skin care products.

I haven't used a drugstore body lotion in years but I figured it was time to branch out from The Body Shop butters so I took this home. Plus I can't resist anything with Shea Butter in it.

So, it comes in a smaller bottle without a pump and the bigger one I got with the pump. Pretty nice packaging. Nothing to write home about though. 

It's pretty light and absorbs really quickly and that's surprising considering it's for really dry skin. But it get's the job done. My skin stays soft and moisturized all day.

My favorite thing about it is the smell. It smells like a really warm vanilla. And the scent stays. All day. It's the perfect fall/winter scent. Yummy!!

The only problem with it is the ingredients. I like Shea Butter to be listed closer to the top and I wish it had more natural ingredients. And can anyone tell me what the "oil" part is supposed to be in the lotion? I don't know.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Glycol Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Petrolatum, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cyclopentasiloxane, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Stearamide AMP, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Disodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide.


Overall, I really really really really like it. If you like vanilla scents check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment