Friday, October 18, 2013

Lush Karma Soap



Bad blogger is back again. I started a new job this week and things have been a little bit crazy for me. The only thing I feel like doing when I get home is crawling into bed and getting some sleep. And I don't even want to talk about the studying I need to do. So anyway I have a Lush soap review, it will be my last for a long long time. I finally finished my little stash and I'm ready to out some other brands. Any recommendations?


Lush claims:
It’s ALL about the fragrance. Breeze through the day with an air of good Karma surrounding you
Come on, don’t just keep it to yourself – you need to share the love. Buy a few extra chunks for friends and family. Even better, give one to a complete stranger for some good karma, man!
The name Karma was inspired by a couple of old hippies talking to Mark. But the smell was his attempt to bottle the heady ambience of Kensington Market as he remembers it in the 60's. 
For even better Karma, we make our soaps with a palm oil free base, because destruction of the rain forest is something we didn’t want on our conscience.  

So I'll start with the scent, which is amazing. It smells...exotic. I guess it's the patchouli in it. Beware, this is not a scent for everyone but my nose loves it. It's strong and it lingers. Sometimes it does seem a little heavy on the patchouli but other mornings it's absolutely perfect. Mmmm.

It lathers amazing and seems to moisturize my skin.

BUT it melts soooo fast. I had a big piece and it was gone in record time. I kept it away from water but that still didn't keep it from melting. And it isn't cheap either.

Does anyone else think of the Alicia Keys Karma song when they hear the name? I certainly do.

Ingredients:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Patchouli Oil,Sweet Orange Oil, Lavandin Oil, Pine Oil,Lemongrass Oil, Elemi Oil, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Gardenia Extract, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, *Limonene,*Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Colour 14700

I love the scent. If it didn't melt so quickly I could see myself always trying to keep a piece around.
Worth trying and I definitely recommend trying but it really isn't a scent for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment