Monday, November 18, 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Cappuccino



I'm back! This time with a foundation review. One of my most clicked on posts is the Revlon Colorstay foundation so I figured it was time to visit another foundation from the company. I can't recall the price right now but I'm thinking it wasn't more than ten. And they always have Revlon on sale if you live in the states so I would definitely wait for one of those.


Revlon claims:
Makeup so refreshingly light, it melts right in, creating a fresh even look. So the only one that knows you are wearing makeup is you. Blends seamlessly, buildable coverage. 

Revlon’s breakthrough nearly naked makeup balances skin and makeup so they work in perfect harmony. With buildable coverage and seamless blending, you are sure to cover flaws and perfect your skin’s tone and texture. No heavy cakey or greasy mess. 


The goal of make-up should be to look as natural as possible. I don't think any of us wants to wear a foundation that screams "I"M WEARING FOUNDATION!". At least I don't. I just want it to look like I was born with naturally great luminous glow-y skin. 

So does this help me look that way?

Hmm.

It does look natural. Most people couldn't even tell I was wearing anything. Points for Revlon.

The color match with the Colorstay was something I struggled with. This, however, matches my skin perfectly. No mixing colors for me. 

It isn't matte but at the same time it isn't extra shiny. I think it may be most beneficial for those with dry skin. At the end of the day there is a little shine on my nose but it's not that bad. 

It doesn't have any discernible scent. Well actually now that I think of it, it does smell a little like plain yoghurt. (weird!)

And the texture is a little different from any foundation I've tried. It's kind of thick...like a lotion. But when you rub it in, it feels like you have nothing on. Strange, but I like it.

One major problem I have is that it doesn't really go hard. ( And yes, I want my foundation to go HARD!) It wears off quickly. A few hours and it looks like it needs to be touched up. I prefer something that holds up just a little better.

Another thing, this is a light coverage foundation. You could build it to medium if need be and it won't look cakey.

I don't have any issues with it transferring on to everything. (Yay!)

One thing many people won't like is the lack of a pump. It's not a deal breaker for me. I just put my finger over it and shake and whatever ends up on my finger I use.

It's available in 16 shades and they all have SPF (which is helpful in the summer!) Only three of those are chocolate girl shades. And unfortunately, Cappuccino is the darkest shade. Hopefully they will introduce a couple more. And in case you are wondering, no ashiness! 


The verdict? I like it. But it isn't my favorite. If it lasted longer I think I would like it more. But it certainly isn't a bad product. If they had this shade in Revlon Colorstay's formula I would be in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment