Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser


Face Wash review time!! I had the Aloe body butter previously and remembered reading about how good Aloe is for the skin. Plus this is for sensitive skin, which is exactly what I have, so it went home with me.

The Body Shop claims:
A mild and creamy soap-free cleansing lotion. Leaves the skin feeling soft, supple and smooth. Comforting and calming on sensitive skin. Dermatogically approved and clinically proven as suitable for sensitive skin

So for some reason I didn't realize this was a cream face wash. I like a foamy face wash only because I feel like cream cleansers sometimes don't clean that well and they sometimes break me out. I was right. This particular one does not clean my makeup off. I can take a tissue and wipe my face after cleaning and foundation will come off. A lot of foundation. Of course they make toners but I think a cleanser should at least clean a little better. 

As for breakouts, I did have a few painful bumps rear there ugly heads. I'm not sure if it's because some oil got on my face or if it was this. I had the same problem with the tea tree one too. I'm thinking it's just face washes from the body shop that just don't react well with my skin. 

The one good thing is that this doesn't dry my face at all. If it did I would probably be extra mad, a product that doesn't clean but has the nerve to dry my skin? 

It doesn't really have any scent. Well it does, kinda like like raw oatmeal. But it isn't very noticeable and shouldn't irritate sensitive skin. 

As for the packaging, I think the plastic bottle it comes in is stupid. You have to squeeze the bottle to get the product out but because the bottle is kinda hard this is more difficult than it should be. I think they should change the packaging to a tube.

Ingredients:
Water, Pentylen Glycol, Caprylic Trigleride, Palm Oil, Sorbitol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate cytrate, cetearyl alchohol, cycolpentasiloxane, glyceryl stearate,Babbassu Oil, Clyclohexasiloxane, acrylates c10-30, alkyll acrylate crosspolymer, xanthum gum, disodiom phosphate, aloe leaf juice, citric acid.


I wish Aloe was a little higher up in the list. And I don't like all that stuff I can't pronounce. 


I'm just not a fan. The whole point of a cleanser is to clean and this doesn't do that...so I can't really recommend it. Especially for the price. ( nearly $15 unless you get it on sale!)

No comments:

Post a Comment