Sunday, January 26, 2014

MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush



This was my MAC brush that I added to my small (4 piece) MAC collection. They are pretty expensive so I'm collecting them very slowly. One day, I'll have them all!

Anyway, I already have the 217 blending brush, which I use all the time. Mostly for putting crease colors on and for just blending colors together. Blending is your best friend when it comes to eyeshadow...or just makeup in general. I know this girl that refuses to blend her colors. And she usually looks like she put her eyeshadow on in the dark. Poor girl.

MAC claims:
For controlled eye shadow application. This brush has soft fibers which taper to form a medium size dome shape. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled
 using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

So MAC makes good quality brushes...I haven't had any issues with any of mine so far. Sometimes the metal will start to separate from the wooden part but I haven't had any problems. I expect this one is the same quality.

It has it trademark MAC look. The only thing I don't like is that if you don't polish over the lettering it will wear off. 

I bought this because I always see people using it on youtube...and I could definitely use another blending brush to give my 217 a break every now and again.

In comparison to that brush its not as dense and is more floppy so the look is a little less blended (but still nice!).  It's longer than the 217. And it's black. Which I really look. It doesn't look dirty with just one use. 

The only problem is that its a tad scratchy so it doesn't feel really nice when I'm blending other parts of my eyelid that aren't the crease. It gets a little better every time I wash it though.


Overall, I love it. I use it everyday. It's a bit expensive and you could probably find something cheaper to get the job done...but MAC brushes just hold a special place in my brush collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment