Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Garnier Fructis Curl Construct Mousse


It's been forever since I've used a mousse. But I needed a new styling product and Garnier Curl products have been pretty good to my I figured I would just get it.

Garnier claims:
Garnier Fructis Style
Take control of your style!  Garnier Fructis Style, with fruit micro-waxes, gives you the power to create and control any style you want.

What is Curl Construct Mousse?
It is a new generation styling product, that defines and boosts curls while controlling frizz and flyaways.

How Does it Work?
Garnier Fructis Style has powerful holding technologies with fruit micro-waxes.  It provides ultra long-lasting hold and shine without stickiness or buildup.

Create Your Style
Curl Construct Styles:

  • "Curl Au Naturale":  Apply mousse evenly on slightly damp hair.  Scrunch hair to lift curl and air dry for a natural, separated curl with bounce and shine.
  • "The Curly Q":  Work mousse evenly through slightly damp hair.  Create ringlet curls by wrapping hair around finger, then blow-dry with diffuser for defined curls without frizz.
  • Finish any Curl Construct style with Garnier Fructis Style Hairspray for long-lasting hold.
So it smells like any signature Garnier product, just not as strong. Very, very fruity. Unlike most other Garnier products it doesn't linger. 

The coolest part about this product is that after I dispense it into my hand it nearly doubles in size. It's the coolest thing. Maybe all mousse's do that but like I said I rarely use mousse in my hair.

It's a little difficult to spread evenly in the hair but I think that's just the nature of mousse.

It sort of defines my hair. Not as well as other products the Garnier makes. And I experience a little less shrinkage.

My hair does feel kinda crunchy and untouchable though. 

The best thing about it is that it has Shea Butter. Yay, Garnier!

The bad...it has a lot of things I don't think are necessarily good for you.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Isobutane, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Propane, Phenoxyethanol, Triacetin, Amino Methyl Propanol, Polyquaternium 4, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Amodimethicone, Polysorbate 20, PEG 192 Apricot Kernel Glycerides, PEG 70 Mango Glycerides, Shea Butter,Trideceth 12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonium) Extract (Citrus Limonum)


Overall, it's average. I prefer other products that Garnier makes!

UPDATE- I figured out you have to SCRUNCH it into your hair. That way, I get the most defined curls I've ever gotten in my life...granted its a little crunchy but you can add a little oil on top to help that out. Best curl defining cheap product ever!

This product runs out super quick...I don't think I even had it for two weeks...

4 comments:

  1. I haven't used a hair mousse for ages too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yeah...mousse never really worked that well for me...but this one is pretty good!

      Delete
  2. I love the Garnier Fructis range :-) Great review hun! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) I'm definitely going to get some more..maybe try a few shampoos and conditioners

      Delete