Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lush The Christmas Penguin Bubble Bar


My blog is being taken over by Lush bath products. I feel like every other post is another Lush post. Anyway, I got my replacement sent out and gave the beat up penguin to my sister and kept the cute one for myself. 


Lush claims:

P-P-P Pop in a Penguin! This fun bubble bar is modelled on Little Penguins found on Philip Island, Australia – they’re the smallest penguins in the world!

Fans of The Olive Branch shower gel will love this exotic product. Its orange flower absolute and Sicilian mandarin oil will refresh and uplift, while cornflour will soften the water. Crumble under running water to create bubbly glaciers and release the bubble crumble to drift over the foam.

See how cute?

Anyway, I opened him up and sniffed and was greeted by a very familiar smell. It took me a while to place it but to me it smells a lot like the White Musk line from The Body Shop, which is weird because the penguin is supposed to be citrus and White Musk is more of a musk. But that's what it smells like. I do like it (I hated White Musk perfume from TBS), it makes a very bath scent although it could be stronger. I could barely smell it.

This bubble bar excelled in the bubble making department. I took a pic of some of the bubbles but I kept the water running and when I came back the tub was overflowing with bubbles. It was nice. And that was with only half the bubble bar!


It turned the water a pale icy looking blue that was nice. Lush sometimes repeats colors so it was nice to see a new color.

Ingredients:
Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cornflour,Perfume, Bergamot Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Sicilian Mandarin Oil, Water,Citric Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, PVP,Hydroxyethycellulose, Titanium Dioxide,*Limonene, *Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal,Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Colour 42090, Colour 42053, Colour 19140:1, Colour 77499, Cola Pip

Of course I had to google the penguins they are fashioned after...aren't they adorable? I think so too!

I thought it was ridiculously cute but underperformed scent wise. I hear it's the same scent as The Olive Branch shower gel so I may give that a try one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment