Sunday, March 2, 2014

Real Techniques Powder Brush


Excuse it's dirty appearance! It's actually white! 

I really want all of Techniques brushes. But I didn't really want this particular brush until I was watching application videos of people applying Bare Minerals and I saw this youtuber use the BIGGEST powder brush I have ever seen in my life. I had to have it. And so I clicked right onto Amazon and ordered it.

Real Techniques claims:
Evenly apply powders and mineral foundations for smooth, high-definition results:
  • look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
  • ultra-plush, synthetic bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
  • self-standing for easy storage
  • extended aluminum handle is light and easy to use

I've only had one powder brush prior to buying this one. It is the Ecotools one and it sucks. It's so floppy and the bamboo handle is a bit discolored (came like that!) and I just generally hate it. But I rarely use powder to set foundation so I didn't rush to replace it. 

Anyway, I paid about $8.00 for it, which is around the same if not less than what I paid for the Ecotools one. It certainly is a great price.

Anyway, it is a nice, big, powder brush that has a little bit of denseness. It applies my powder exactly how I want. And the handle is pretty nice, it's certainly sleek and modern looking. 

AND it stands on it's own. I don't find myself using that particular feature though, I keep all my brushes in a cup thingie.

I especially love it for blending stuff out like blush and contour...

It is a tad bit scratchy though. Especially if you try to get fancy and buff a little with it, which is why I wouldn't use it for mineral foundation even though they recommend it for that on the packaging.



But it's easy to clean and it hasn't shed one hair since I've had it. 


Honestly its the best powder brush I've ever had! It certainly is a great deal and can't be beat for the price. I absolutely recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment