Sunday, February 2, 2014

Lush Eggsnog Lip Balm


I LOVE eggnog. So when I saw this in the Christmas sale I had to have it. 

Lush claims:

The boozy flavour of eggnog is a festive favourite in many households, and we’ve taken all that spicy buttery taste and put it into this Christmas lip balm that everyone – including vegans – can enjoy. Eggsnog contains a luxurious mixture of butters and nut oils to make a lip balm that’s soft, yet protective for winter lips. Vanilla, cinnamon, and a hint of lemon oil all go together to make a flavour that’s truly scrumptious, and sure to make you the most popular person under the mistletoe this year.

When I first opened it, I hated it. It doesn't smell like eggnog. Not really. It has this cinnamon smell and then something I can't quite put my hands on. Like a "fire" scent if that makes any sense. It also has a lemon smell...which is extra weird. I have never heard of egg nog having lemon in it. I'm still not a big fan of it, but it's a little more tolerable.

As for moisture, it does OK. Makes your lips really soft as long as you don't overuse it. Then you have flaky lips.

The packaging looks a little dated. The tin is nice but it is one you have to dip your finger in. If your out and about your hands may be dirty...I just stick my lips in the product. Looks a little funny but it works...(don't judge me!)

The best thing about this product is the ingredients. It has amazing ingredients. ALMOST all natural.


I just wished it smelled better.


Ingredients:
Fair Trade Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Murumuru Butter, Hazelnut Oil, Walnut Oil, Brazil Nut Oil,Flavour, Lemon Oil, Myrrh Resinoid, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, *Cinnamyl Alcohol, *Cinnamal, *Citral, *Eugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool

I will use it up, but I will never even THINK about purchasing it again. I will try some of the other flavors though. One day.

No comments:

Post a Comment