Monday, March 3, 2014

Jennifer Lopez Deseo Perfume


Two celebrity perfumes in a row. Wow. Anyway, this isn't my first Jennifer Lopez perfume. Back in high school I had Glow. I don't really remember if I really liked it or not, but I did use the whole bottle. I got this one about a month ago for my birthday.

Deseo:
Fragrance Deseo by Jennifer Lopez is inspired by her garden. She invited her associates from Coty to walk at night through her beautiful kingdom and capture the divine smell into a uncut diamond like shaped bottle.
The fragrance was created by Ellen A. Molner and Jim Krivda from Coty. It comes as 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.) and 100ml (3.4 fl.oz.) EDP.
The top notes bring the accords of bamboo leaf waving on the Italian breeze, Sicilian bergamot, yuzu, and charming, intensely flowery freesia notes. The heart beats with notes of star jasmine, pink gardenia, orange blossom and French mimosa. The base brings notes of musk, sandalwood, amber, oakmoss, Atlas cedar and patchouli.
The face of the fragrance is, of course, JLo, and the photographer is Peter Lindbergh. The design for the bottle photo was made by Danilo Matz and the bottle photo by John Aquino.
It is available since February 2008.

Ok. So I hate giving bad reviews on gifts but I have to be honest. 

I really don't like this scent.

The first note smelled really familiar, it smells like a cologne I think my older brother used to wear but I don't really know the name. That was strike one.

Then...it has this odd Coconut scent to it. Don't get me wrong, I like Coconut scented things...but not this. It's like warped Coconut. That was strike two.

And it doesn't last. But since I don't like it, I'm not sure if that's really a bad thing?

Hmm.

I would classify this as an "aquatic/water" scent. This is actually my first perfume from that group.

The bottle is interesting. I'm neither impressed nor disappointed in it. Uncut diamond shape though? Someone needs to go back the the drawing board with that one.


Anyway, I really really don't like it. I've been spraying horrendous amounts of it on to try and get rid of it. Maybe I can use it for something else.

Any ideas?


2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard many people say they like this perfume :-( I'm not a fan of most JLo perfumes though, the only one I can say I like is Miami Glow. It's lovely for the Summer, really fruity and sexy! Great to wear on the beach or by the pool :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't think it was great, I need to check out the Miami Glow then. Yeah her perfumes aren't that great to me either lol but I keep getting them as gifts!!!

      Delete