Thursday, March 13, 2014

Keri Original Lotion



I had a coupon for two dollars off so I had to pick it up. It was only three dollars! Keri is one of the more expensive drugstore lotions. I remember buying a bottle back in high school and my mom telling me that SHE used to use Keri. Anyway, it's been around for 50 years so it must be good right?

Keri claims:
Keri Original Dry Skin Lotion has a Vitamin E and sunflower-enriched formula that leaves dry skin feeling soft and smooth. Wind, sun along with hot and cold weather can dry your skin out. Keri Skin Lotion, with its emollient-rich formula, not only helps heal dry skin but also replaces lost moisture. Keri Original Dry Skin Lotion is suitable for most skin types and contains natural vitamins and oil to promote skin health. When used regularly, Keri's dry skin cream, 20 oz. can be an effective part of your skin care regime. 


I'll start with scent...it smells nice. Kinda powdery but a nice powder. I'm kind of surprised I like it because I tend to hate powder scents. It smells clean too....and it last for a little while but it's not very strong so it won't interfere with perfume or anything like that.

It's a pretty thick lotion too. Which I like. It's also a little sticky and heavy until it absorbs. Some people may not like that...but I do. It makes it feel like it's really working. My skin stays pretty soft until I  shower it off. And my elbows...like buttah!

It comes in a 15 ouch bottle with a pump. The packaging is OK. I wish they would go back to the black bottle they had a couple years ago!

The only thing is the ingredients really aren't that great. It boats of five essential moisturizers. I only saw three: Glycerin, Aloe Juice, and Sunflower Seed Oil. Oh yeah, and Vitamin E at the very bottom! The rest are really icky stuff.

Ingredients:
Water, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, PEG-40 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, PEG-4 Dilaurate, Laureth-4, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate*
*Vitamin E Acetate

Overall, I do like it. I just wish the ingredients were better.  I'm going back to pick up the Shea Butter one. The coupon is on the website in case anyone is interested.

Click here for the website!

No comments:

Post a Comment