Friday, March 21, 2014

Lush Shoot For the Stars Bath Bomb


Lush really likes using the honey/toffee scent in their products. I have used the Honey I Washed the Kids soap and also the Honey Bee bath bomb. And now, the bath bomb with the same scent. 

Lush claims:
This one's for all you star gazers out there, creating a magnificent bath with swirling lustres and beautiful colours. As various and enchanting as the night sky.

A bewitching bath swirling with colours as magical as the starry night, this bath bomb has the same comforting honey-toffee fragrance as our Honey I Washed the Kids soap.

This was definitely more fun to watch than Honey Bee which just turned the water a pale yellow color. This made the water a pretty blue purple with lots and lost of shimmery glitter and random patches of yellow and pink. It certainly was a sight to see. The pictures aren't doing it justice. And it left some glitter on my skin. It was subtle but still nice.

Also, this is a SLOW fizzier. I didn't even wait for the whole thing to dissolve before getting into the bath. It took more than fifteen minutes.

It left the water soft and my skin didn't feel as dry as it usually does when I used a bath bomb which is always nice.

As for the smell, I'm pretty sure it smelled a lot better in Honey Bee and the Honey I Washed the Kids. For some reason it just didn't smell as honeyish and toffee like and it was really really light. I had a hard time detecting the scent.

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Brazilian Orange Oil, Bergamot Oil, Cream of Tartar, Lauryl Betaine,Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol,Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Titanium Dioxide,Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional,*Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 14700, Colour 45410,Colour 17200, Colour 42090, Colour 19140:1,Silver Lustre, Pink Lustre, Yellow Lustre, White Edible Stars

I can't deny this bomb did put on a show and made spectacular night sky bath water that was fun to look at, but I don't think I would repurchase. I think the soap is what I would purchase again if I needed the scent again. But even the soap had it's flaws.

Next up, Haagenbath!

No comments:

Post a Comment